Mar 9, 2010

pass it on...

...that's what they always say about good deeds. There's this commercial that illustrates this perfectly. A man holds a door for another person, and because of the impression that good deed has on that person, s/he helps another stranger out; someone sees this and is impressed to do likewise, and so on. You get the drift. Well I saw a kind deed today and though I am in general a kind person, it sorta reminded or nudged me to do something nice today. I hope sharing the small deed illicits a similar response in you.

This morning while walking in to work I saw a man come out of a coffee shop with 2 cups of coffee/something hot, and surprise the homeless guy laying on the street by handing him one. He looked so surprised and grateful. I can just imagine how much he needed something hot...some of us can't function without our morning coffee or tea. I think we all should try to do something kind anyway, but hopefully this encourages us to really make the effort to do a good deed. Even if it's just a smile...the person scowling next to you may need it :)
______________________________
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain

"If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble." Bob Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment