Jan 19, 2010

being comfortable in my skin

Def a favored life lesson (also very useful one).

This has been one of my harder life lessons but one of the most valuable ones.

I am not perfect (go figure!) and sadly one of my imperfections is that I am by nature a reactionary individual. Add to the pot that I am very sensitive. So this has resulted in me being kind of a push over, caring a little too much what people think and say, and getting offended way more than necessary.

Thankfully, as I have gotten older, I have realized more and more that I don't have to be anyone, or do anything outside of what makes me proud to be Shar. What represents me. If I don't want to do something, I can say no. If I don't agree, I can say so. Who cares what the grain is? I am the one responsible for what I do and say. Who cares if I'm not cool? I am representing me and my name. I am learning not to have an opinion of how people should live their lives (notable exceptions being my siblings and future children) because no one can dictate to me how to live my life. I just try to live my life as honorably as I can, trying to be the best I can be, asking God for guidance and thanking Him for providing me a life full of excellent examples.

___________________
"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
Maria Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment