Jul 4, 2010

sweet sundays: God is in control

As great as life is (& mine really is, thank Jesus), it just isn't always perfect. There are bumps and and sometimes mountains along the way. Sometimes it is easier to give up and throw in the towel when things aren't panning out as I expect. This is when I turn to God. After all He is in charge. He is directing my life.

If I'm not the only person with a seemingly impassable mountain, then maybe these words can encourage you (as I encourage myself).

Looking up from the bottom
It seems like a long way to go
The mountain's dark and steeo
The climbing is oh so slow
Your body aches
You're out of breath
Your're ready to give in
But don't give up
You've got the strength
To make it to the end

You can pour on the power (mighty power)
And pull that mountain down
You can pour on the power (mighty power)
And claim that higher ground
You may think you're at a wall
But it's just a door, that's all
'Cause you ain't seen nothing
Until you pour on the power

excerpt from the Lyrics of Pour on the Power (sung by Sandi Patty)

I am getting on my knees...I'll be praying hard and leaving it all in God's hands. That way, whatever comes, it will be his will. I hope you can do the same. Accept the peace of mind and comfort that will come from casting all your cares on Him who cares best for you.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment